Eastside Friends of Seniors helps seniors to remain independent in their own homes and communities as long as they safely and comfortably can.
Eastside Friends of Seniors has served thousands of clients since its inception in 1997. We serve seniors in the cities of Issaquah and Sammamish. EFS works with local service organizations, congregations, and community members to provide volunteer service while our referral partners enable us to reach out to even more seniors in need.
• Transportation to Medial Appointments
• Shopping and Errands
• Home and Yard Chores
• Friendly Visits
• Information and Referrals
Volunteers drove over 56,000 miles and donated more than 7,000 hours in 2017 to support seniors in our community.
• 60 years of age or older
• Need just a little help to remain independent
The largest age group we serve is 85+. This is the generations that faithfully paid their taxes, served our country in the world wars, and made our roads, schools, and communities great. They are part of the “greatest generation.”
Each fall we host our largest fundraising event of the year, hosting over 250 guests. Funds from this event constitute the buil of our fundraising and provide crucial dollars to the ongoing support of seniors in our community. EFS is grateful to sponsors for giving the gift of home, independence, health, dignity, and connections to its seniors.
– For full sponsorship benefits, please pledge by July 31.
– Benefit period runs from 10/1 – 9/30 annually.
– In-kind gifts valued at $1k+ will be recognized commensurate with Silver/Gold/Platinum benefits. Examples of opportunities for in-kind sponsorship include underwriting of printing, video production, professional photography, and more!
* Our Senior Resource List is provided to clients, families, and volunteers.